Landscape Planning Lead
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Central Belt Scotland, Scotland|
|Sector||Planning - Landscape Architecture|
|Salary||£45000 - £70000 per annum + pension + bonus|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a commercially-minded Landscape Planner operating at Principal, Associate or Associate Director level to act as Landscape and Planning lead within the Glasgow office of a successful environmental consultancy.
The successful candidate will assist in the strategic growth and diversification of the landscape business. You will also work within the existing landscape team alongside other in-house specialists and provide technical direction on a diverse pipeline of projects spanning the minerals, waste, energy, commercial and infrastructure sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Provision of technical direction and expert landscape consultancy services for a range of project spanning the renewables, infrastructure and energy sectors
- Promote technical expertise and share knowledge on best practice and emerging techniques, through working groups and relevant bodies.
- Contribute to the strategic growth of the landscape business through consolidation of existing relationships, networking and business development
- Assist in the development of both traditional and emerging landscape services and the growth of the landscape and planning team
- Provide training, support and mentoring to more junior staff and assist in them in their Pathway to Chartership
- Liaise with Planning leads within the business to coordinate and integrate service offering and maximise business opportunities
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree of Masters educated in a relevant subject (e.g. Landscape Architecture)
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI)
- Proven track record of delivering landscape planning and design services within a multidisciplinary consultancy environment
- Technical excellence in a range of disciplines and sectors, as well as sound knowledge of relevant industry software packages
- Strong network of contacts across the private and public sectors in Scotland and the North of England with tenacity and drive to grow and diversity the landscape business into strategically identified sectors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
This company offers excellent remuneration (including generous bonus), as well as the opportunity to join a friendly, welcoming and successful business with exciting growth plans. For further information please contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or email