Senior Aquatic Ecologist
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South East, England|
|Sector||Environment - Environmental ManagementEnvironment - Ecology|
|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum + Competitive DOE|
We are currently supporting a growing global environmental consultancy who are looking to bring on a Senior Aquatic Ecologist in either Reading or East Sussex to lead the business towards an exciting new remit of work. You’ll be collaborating with fellow ecologists but also working closely with colleagues across the wider multi-disciplinary team to deliver projects across the South East.
Role & Company:
You will join as a senior member of the Ecology team and your main element of work will involve providing high-level technical advice and input into aquatic ecology investigations including undertaking, producing and technically reviewing environmental assessments of various activities on aquatic ecology features. Your main client basis will include; water companies, developers, design engineers, contractors, planners and other regulators.
Qualifications & Experience:
Our client is looking for you to have the following;
- A degree in a relevant subject, such as Ecology, Biology, Zoology or similar
- Be chartered or working towards chartership with RSB, CIEEM, IFM or IEMA.
- A high-level understanding and recognition of aquatic ecology features, including macroinvertebrates, fish, macrophytes and invasive aquatic species
- An interest and focus on the freshwater environment, although knowledge of marine environments would be an advantage
- Be comfortable in working collaboratively with a wider environment team, liaising with clients, statutory authorities and other stakeholders
- Previous experience and confidence in using software packages for report writing and presentation of graphic information, as well as the use of aquatic ecology analysis software such as RICT and DARLEQ2
Aquatic Ecology / Hydro-Ecology / Reading / Brighton / Environmental Planning / Environmental Consultancy / RICT / DARLEQ2