Technical Director Geotechnical
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South East, England|
|Sector||Civils - Geotechnical|
Our client is a global leader in environmental consultancy delivering major buildings and infrastructure projects across the UK. This year they are looking to make a strategic hire; Technical Director within the Geotechnical team of their Surrey office. The current team have a strong pipeline of work, working with interesting clients on a range on high-profile projects.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career further, with a fantastic path set out for you. You will be working a well-established team of other geotechnical professionals, as well as tunnelling engineers and GIS consultants. You will not go a day without working on some of the most complex, but interesting projects across the UK, as well as developing your own business and winning more great projects.
Role & Company:
When you start, you will join the Senior Management Team which will help you towards growing your team further and being involved in seeing where the business goes. You will be accountable for leading, managing and developing the team in Guildford and the South East to deliver projects locally and nationally, with a range of private and public-sector clients.
You will be helping define and implement the company’s strategy and vision and the function’s business and marketing plan. With your previous experience, you will be providing technical direction to the wider team, alongside providing both leadership and technical support and advice to project team members. You will be responsible for proactively managing selected projects and components of projects, as well as resource allocation, managing subcontractors and sub-consultants. You will be directing and working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
Qualifications & Experience:
To be successful in this role, our client has asked for you to have the following:
- Geology or Civil Engineering first degree and be Professionally Qualified (CGeol, MICE, MIMM)
- Experienced in all aspects of similar projects, from initial feasibility through to construction supervision, advice and delivery.
- Experienced as team leader or manager and supervising more junior members of staff
- To have a professional profile and reputation within the industry at a local level
- Experienced with preparation of geotechnical / engineering geology aspects of bids and business development