Environmental Scientist / Geologist
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Eastern Scotland, Scotland|
|Sector||Environment - RemediationEnvironment - Contaminated landEnvironment - Geology|
|Salary||£23000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits|
A great opportunity has arisen for a Geologist, Hydrogeologist or Environmental Scientist to join the ground engineering team of a dedicated environmental and engineering consultancy.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in contaminated land and coal mining assessment as well as an appreciation of geology, soils and groundwater chemistry. You will have the opportunity to work on an interesting array of projects spanning property, minerals, energy, renewables and petrochemicals.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Prepare technical reports, site investigation reports, risk assessments, mining assessments, remediation options appraisals and designs.
- Undertake field work and manage sub-contractors.
- Undertake geological, hydrogeological, hydrological and land quality condition assessments across a range of sectors
- Plan and supervise site investigation works including complex and major site investigation works following and in accordance with internal and external guidance and standards
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree or Master in relevant subject (e.g. Geology, Hydrogeology, Earth Science)
- Demonstrable experience in contaminated land and soil, gas and groundwater monitoring and assessment
- Familiarity with industry software is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK driving licence essential
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com