This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||West Midlands, England|
|Sector||Environment - Water|
|Salary||£26000 - £38000 per annum + Competitive DOE|
I am supporting a Technical Environmental Consultancy with the hire of a Consultant Hydrogeologist to join their growing team in Warwickshire. You will be working with the Geological team, whilst supporting the Technical Director and other members of the business. You will be given a huge amount of support from the company to ensure you’re reaching your full career potential, whilst managing, prioritising and organising your own workload. You will be co-ordinating with colleagues and assisting other members of the team in a way that ensures the most efficient use of time.
Role & Company:
- Undertake geological, hydrogeological, hydrological and land quality condition assessments across a range of sectors, including industrial and waste facilities, mineral and property associated with environmental planning and site development, divestiture and acquisition, pollution incidents and environmental permitting.
- Undertakes research for projects to collate and present information about the historical site development, geology, hydrogeology, environmental setting and sensitivity and/or managing and checking the information prepared by colleagues
- Review of external documents, databases and reports to collate and present information for the project assessment
- Plan and supervise site investigation works including complex and major site investigation works following and in accordance with internal and external guidance and standards comprising a range of investigation techniques, record the site activities and ground conditions and the collection of samples and to assist in the provision of training colleagues in field testing methods and procedures
Qualifications & Experience:
- MSc in Hydrogeology or related discipline is desirable
- BSc, MSc or MSci in Geology or Earth Sciences related discipline
- Fellow of Geological Society (FGS) or membership of a relevant professional body
- Ability to supervise a range of practical site works
- High standard of written work
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of specialist risk assessment and/or hydrogeological modelling software
Hydrogeology / Hydrogeologist / Warwickshire / Consultant / Geology / Water Quality / Hydraulic Modelling / Ground Water / Water Consultancy / Environmental Consultancy / Contaminated Land