Senior Flood Risk & Drainage Engineer
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Central Belt Scotland, Scotland|
|Sector||Environment - Water|
|Salary||£30000 - £45000 per annum|
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer or Senior Engineer specialising in Flood Risk and Drainage to join a leading engineering and environmental consultancy with offices across the UK. You will have the opportunity to assist in a wide range of projects providing engineering solutions to surface water drainage issues associate with a range of proposals across property, highways and utilities.
Our client are willing to consider candidates with a water engineering background and are chartered or close to chartership with CIWEM or ICE. They are willing to support candidates towards their Chartership so this is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual with some consultancy experience to progress their career within a very highly regarded firm.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide concept and detailed flood risk design solutions for a range of a wide range of development infrastructure proposals
- Design of drainage infrastructure to DMRB and SUDS guidelines and principles
- Preparation of drainage impact assessments
- Liaising with clients, colleagues and regulators
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree educated in a relevant subject area (e.g. Civil Engineering etc)
- Chartered or working towards chartership with a relevant body (e.g. ICE, CIWEM)
- Experience in the use of relevant industry software (e.g Microdrainage, AutoCAD, Civil 3D) and experience in the design of SUDS
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and design guidelines (e.g. DMRB)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com