Hydraulic Modeller (Contract)
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Area||Central Belt Scotland, Scotland|
|Sector||Environment - Water|
|Salary||£30 - £40 per hour|
We are currently seeking an experienced contract Hydraulic Modeller to join a leading engineering and environmental consultancy with offices across the UK. The Water Services Team specialises in providing high level advice to private and public sector clients relating to flooding issues and water quality as well as the detailed design of flood and coastal protection schemes in the UK and overseas.
You will assist in a diverse range of flood risk projects for clients spanning the private and public sectors. The position is initially for a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension as they currently have an excellent forward workload.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and undertaking hydraulic and hydrological modelling for a wide range of development infrastructure proposals
- Assist with small team on multiple projects to deliver an efficient service
- Provide technical evidence to be used at planning enquiries and disputes
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree educated in a relevant subject area (e.g. Maths, Hydrology, Civil Engineering etc)
- Demonstrable consultancy experience in fluvial and/ or coastal modelling
- Conversant in Flood Modeller and FEH
- Knowledge of other software (e.g. MIKE) is desirable
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and design guidelines (e.g. DMRB)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin Mack on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com