Hydraulic Modeller / Drainage Designer
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Environment - Water|
|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum + Competitive, DOE|
I met with a client of mine this week who are looking for a Hydraulic Modeller with a background in Flood Risk Assessment and Drainage Design (SuDS).
They work on large development projects with some of the biggest companies in the UK. They are a small firm with a family feel whereby you will be given training and support throughout your professional development.
Are you looking to get chartered but you haven’t had the opportunity to do so yet? Well they will fully support you on your way to Chartership to help you get to where you want to be.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Your brief will include producing 1D/2D hydraulic models in support of FRA reports. You will also have the opportunity to create floodplain extents maps and the outline designs of flood management measures. Specifications will form an important part of your daily outputs and you will work to effectively manage surveyors to collect relevant data.
- Undertake flood hydrological assessments and hydraulic modelling (including 2D modelling)
- Undertake SUDs assessment and design
- Liaise with clients and local authority contacts as projects require
Qualifications / Experience:
The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who holds a Masters degree in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering, etc) and is working towards Chartership of a relevant institution such as CIWEM.
You will also demonstrate the following;
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience of producing and running 1D/2D hydraulic models. Along with significant experience of using some of the following; ISIS, TUFLOW, ESTRY, ISIS 2d, HEC-RAS, InfoWorks RS, MapInfo / ArcView, Micro Drainage FloodFlow.
- Ability to use models to inform reports and design.
Hydraulic Modelling – Flood Risk Assessment – Drainage Design – SuDS – London – Civil Engineering – FRA – Mattinson Partnership