Senior / Principal Ecologist
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Eastern Scotland, Scotland|
|Sector||Environment - AcousticsEnvironment - Ecology|
|Salary||£30000 - £44000 per annum|
Our client, an international environment, engineering and planning consultancy, is seeking to appoint a Senior Ecologist to assist with a strong and diverse pipeline of projects throughout the UK, Ireland and abroad. This is an exciting opportunity to work within one of Scotland’s largest ecology teams delivering some of the most important infrastructure, energy and conservation projects in Europe.
You will join a successful and growing team and have the opportunity to manage and support more junior team members. The ideal candidate will have a track record of undertaking and managing surveys and ecological appraisals for developments in a range of sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Supervise other project team members, including subcontractors and seasonal staff
- Undertake and manage surveys covering a range of taxa, including Phase 1/ Extended Phase1 Habitat Surveys and protected species (e.g. bats, GCN, badger, water vole, otter)
- Prepare reports and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) for developments in a range of sectors.
- Liaise with clients, prepare tenders/ proposals and contribute towards business development, expansion of client base and resource management
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. CIEEM or CEnv)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar consultancy environment
- Experience of managing EcIAs, Habitat Regulation Assessments (HRA) and Habitat Management Plans
- SNH/ Natural England licence in one or more protected species (e.g. bats, GCN) is desirable
- Experience undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) duties is desirable
- Good knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full driving licence
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com