Senior Structural Engineer (Buildings)
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||South East, England|
|Sector||Building Consultancy - Building physics|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits package|
Our client, a highly respected global-leading consultancy, is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their team based in Oxford. You will be joining their structures team where you will be working on both new build and refurbishment projects, predominantly for Local Authority clients. The type of projects include schools, libraries, listed buildings and residential.
This role will have a ‘design focus’, therefore you will be required to have experience of modelling and developing detailed designs for clients. Hence having a background in architecture / design would be preferable.
The successful candidate will have experience working as a structural engineer in a consultancy environment. They would also have Chartered status/membership (CEng or MIStructE is suitable). Being a part of the structures team means that you could be working on a wide range of sectors, hence you would have to be flexible and be interested in undertaking a variety of projects.
- Provide structural engineering support and develop designs for new builds and refurbishments
- Work closely with other offices, to help manage and deliver outsourced workload
- Support junior members of staff and report to the Design Associate
- Maintain high levels of client satisfaction
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Achieved Chartered status: CEng / MIStructE or equivalent
- Experience of delivering structural design services
- Experience of delivering projects between £500,000 and £20m+
- Ability to develop excellent relationships with clients
- Commercially aware
- Considerable experience in the built environment sector