Title: Group Engineer – Highways Management
Rate: around £40phr Ltd
Length: 3 month contract
Location: London, South
This busy London Borough is looking for a Group Engineer to head up their Highways Team.
Main Purpose of the Job
1. Report to the Head of Highways and Transport.
2. Manage the highways maintenance function including the:
street trees, verges and street furniture
3. Provide professional advice to help determine and implement Council policies.
4. Monitor the effectiveness of Highway Maintenance Group services in achieving Council policy objectives as set out in the Community Strategy, Corporate Plan, the LIP, and elsewhere.
5. Prepare, let and monitor contracts including those for the maintenance of highways and street lighting and for specific schemes.
6. Prepare reports and attend Council, Cabinet, Committees and Sub-Committees meeting as required.
7. Assist in the preparation the annual Department Service Plan.
8. Liaise with government departments, police, public transport operators and other local authorities and other similar organisations and represent the Council at senior level meetings with such organisations.
9. Prepare and review estimates and exercise budgetary control, ensuring compliance with the Authority’s financial regulations, standing orders and procedures within area work.
10. Monitor Capital and Revenue budgets within areas of responsibility in liaison with other Groups/Departments as appropriate and provide input to the Borough’s LIP.
11. Maintain up to date awareness of technical, legislative organisation and other issues within area of responsibility and take appropriate action where necessary.
12. Continuously review all services within the Group to identify and implement improvements both financial and service related, ensuring value for money is being achieved and works operations undertaken on a competitive and cost effective basis.
13. Maintain and develop service policies, procedures and standards in respect of health and safety and welfare, which contribute to efficient organisational performance, are in line with corporate policies and ensure that the Authority complies with relevant statutory requirements.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 0207 960 2551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Published Date: 2012-07-03
Contract: Contract Temporary
Rate Type: Hourly
Vacancy Reason: Employee Leaving
For a printer friendly version of this page, click here