Principal/ Associate Transportation Engineer
$90,000 - $110,
Job Ref: 10999
Job title: Principal Transportation Engineer
Location: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch, NZ
Salary/ rate: $90,000 - $110,000
Job Purpose Summary:
Our client is one of New Zealand’s leading specialist traffic engineering and transport planning consultancies. With offices throughout the country, their work spans large and small developments, in both the private and public sectors.
They are seeking a Principal Transportation Engineer to join their team. The appointee will be jointly responsible for assisting in the ongoing development of all business areas, but with a particular emphasis on the Development related transportation engineering and transportation planning arms of the business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Identification of strategic business opportunities, provide input to business plans, budgets, timetables and mechanisms to put into practice traffic engineering and transportation planning aspects of the Company\'s Strategic Plan
- Initiation of client contacts; development of new and existing client relationships; promotion of new client orders, including preparation of tenders and job costs; confirmation of engagement with project scope and budget; continuation of client contact; project management and supervision
- Preparation and presentation of completed project reports, formal evidence or letters of advice as and when required by clients with appropriately strict adherence to the defined completion deadlines
- Acquisition, installation and commissioning of required and appropriate computer models for the Company; documentation, application and operation as required for client projects; backup and maintenance of software; development and extension of new facilities; training and supervision of other staff; and assembly and documentation of data bases and reference material.
Key skills/ requirements:
The Successful candidate will have:
- a post-graduate tertiary qualification relevant to transportation engineering work
- extensive Development related transport planning experience
- an excellent standard of spoken and written English, with an ability to communicate clearly and accurately
- the confidence, skills, credibility and experience to prepare and present evidence at hearings
- a proven record in project management and job supervision at a senior level
- a proven record in developing and maintaining new business initiatives within a strategic framework
- possess a current driver’s license
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Olivia on 020 7960 2554 or email@example.com
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Published Date: 2012-03-01
Rate Type: Salary
Vacancy Reason: Heavy Workload