Ecodesign Business Development Manager
£35k - £40k plu
Job Ref: 11056
Job title: Ecodesign Business Development Manager
Salary: £35k - £40k plus commission
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join a leading systems and services certification organisation. Your role will be to grow and develop our clients Eco design service offering to the commercial and retail market around the UK and internationally. A background and understanding in Eco products is essential.
- Promote eco-design services for products and supply chains internally and externally
- Build relationships with key clients and decision makers
- Undertake all sales activities, including: client visits and preparation of commercial proposals in line with current approval procedures
- Identify, select and maintain professional networks and work with international sales and sustainability teams on execution of sustainability projects.
- Expert support to existing client projects on sustainability services
- Consulting in areas of expertise
- Participate in relevant conferences and share presentations
- Participate in working groups with the global sustainability network
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful Business Development Manager must have:
- A customer focus and business development track record
- Expertise in current sustainability initiatives and one of the following product sectors: consumer electricals /electronics; textile products
- Knowledge of current UK consumer market issues, environmental standards and regulations
- IT literate, competent in the use of MS Office applications, plus capable of learning bespoke SGS systems
- Relevant experience in an environmental field or broader CSR in the consumer goods business sector
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with clients and successfully implementing sustainability projects
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to develop good working relationships with people at all levels
- Experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritising workloads
- Experience of specific eco-design and Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) tools and techniques
- Educational background in CSR, sustainability or environmental science
- Post-graduate degree in environmental science, or certificate in Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- Full driving licence.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Jason on 020 7960 2553 or email@example.com
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com
Published Date: 2012-05-28
Rate Type: Salary
Vacancy Reason: Please select...