Job Ref: 11142
Job title: Maritime Civil Engineer
We are currently working with a prestigious international firm of engineering consultants with offices in numerous countries worldwide.
As a Maritime Civil Engineer, you will be involved on a range of small to large projects which are industry and public high profile. The roles will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development.
- Manage various stages of maritime engineering projects including strategy evaluation, detailed appraisal, concept development, detailed design and administration of contracts.
- In time you will assist the Divisional Director of the Maritime Division with the overall commercial and technical running off the business.
- You will be responsible for the management of a wide range of global port and marine terminal projects.
- You will be involved in the planning, design and construction of maritime structures including oil, gas, bulk materials; general cargo and container terminals, harbours, dredging, reclamation and breakwaters for clients world-wide.
- You will lead, develop, motivate and manage a team of professionals.
- You will write proposals.
Qualifications / Experience:
- You will already be in possession of relevant academic qualifications, be exceptionally experienced since post-qualified in chartership and able to demonstrate exceptional Maritime Technical competences. You should also have the necessary drive to achieve your goals and deliver commercial success.
- The ideal candidate will be ambitious and highly motivated with approximately 15 to 20 years post graduate experience in Maritime Engineering.
- You will have extensive experience in the planning, design and construction of maritime structures including oil, gas, bulk materials; general cargo and container terminals, harbours, dredging, reclamation and breakwaters for clients world-wide, together with a proven track record.
- Ideally, you will have UK and international experience and business development strengths.
- You will have experience in providing design services to contractors on major design and construct contracts and in co-ordinating multi-disciplinary design teams.
- You will be self motivated with strong interpersonal skills, good communication skills, and excellent organisational skills
- You will have excellent technical and managerial skills and have a sound commercial background.
- You will be an experienced proposal writer.
- You will be an experienced Project Manager, capable of motivating and leading a large team of staff with varying degrees of experience and abilities.
- You will have the ability to mentor and develop support staff.
- You will be computer literate and familiar with the latest design software packages.
- Although primarily based in our Croydon office you will be required to travel extensively worldwide, so a high level of flexibility is required.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Fallon on 020 7960 2554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Published Date: 2012-06-01
Rate Type: Please select...
Vacancy Reason: Unspecified