Senior SCL Tunnel Engineer
Job Ref: 11103
Job title: Senior SCL Tunnel Engineer
Due to continued growth, our client is looking to recruit a Senior SCL Tunnel Engineer to join their successful team based in London. This is an excellent opportunity to work on major, national and international projects.
The Senior SCL Tunnel Engineer will be responsible for the detailed day-to-day SCL site services provided by the team at one SCL station or shaft.
The principal duties are:
- Review Contractor’s SCL submissions, including Technical Requests (PTRs) and Method Statements.
- Evaluate ground conditions at each tunnel face in discussion with the Contractor\\\\\\\'s SCL Senior Engineer.
- Review Contractor’s proposed use of tool box items, including presupport, ground improvement and depressurization.
- Review SCL instrumentation monitoring results against the predicted displacements, stresses and strains in linings and ground and recommend actions to be taken.
- Attend the Shift Review Group (SRG) meetings on dayshifts (Mon-Fri) and countersign the RESS prepared by the Contractor.
- Review SCL records submitted by the Contractor.
- Summarise and evaluate on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis records compiled by the SCL personnel. Compile comprehensive records of all major SCL construction activities, geologic conditions and other relevant circumstances.
- Liaise with the company\\\\\\\'s head office and with the SCL Senior Engineers at other SCL station/shafts.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or related subject.
- Proven Experience in Sprayed Concrete Lining (SCL) design working for a consultancy.
- Significant site based experience.
- A sound understanding of geotechnical principles is a preference
- Excellent communication skills to include both written and spoken English.
- Chartered with the ICE or other relevant institution.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 7960 2551 or email@example.com
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Published Date: 2012-07-02
Rate Type: Salary
Vacancy Reason: Expansion