Job Ref: 11006
Job title: Tunnel Design Engineer
Salary: Competitive Package
Job Purpose Summary:
We are currently working with a prestigious international firm of engineering consultants with offices in numerous countries worldwide.
Our clientís Tunnel\\\'s division is recognised as one of the world\\\'s leaders in tunnel planning, design and construction. As a Tunnel Design Engineer, you will have involvement and key contribution in a range of global projects supporting and being responsible for a variety of key deliverables.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
As an important addition to the Tunnel Design team, you will be working in a world leading engineering discipline, supporting project dynamics and client\\\'s expectations. A key team member focused on effective and reliable delivery.
- Detailed design calculations and drawings for tunnel main bore and potential involvement in drawing productions, design feasibilities and interfaces between tunnels, shafts and ticket halls.
- Project dependent, manage numerical modelling analysis on the tunnel or underground works structure and related engineering.
- Support and potentially lead on Bid management assisting in tenders for a variety of Tunnel and underground work projects.
- Potential involvement in designing sprayed concrete lining, canopy tubes / spile canopy support, face support measures, lining footings, cross passage and niche junctions.
- Responsible for timely production and delivery of reliable design solutions, reports, specifications or drawings,
- Design engineering for preliminary and detailed design, horizontal alignment options, vertical alignment obstructions and saw-tooth possibilities, pumping strategies and predicted excavated material volumes.
- Become integral to the divisionís operations and contribute to the business and the teamís technical development. Assist in the management of new graduate engineers supporting their development and capability.
- Comprehensive assessment of the structural condition of all the tunnel assets has been carried out. Carried out a feasibility study, looked at possible tunnelling methods and alignments
- Responsible for helping to organise, plan and execute many aspects of the assessment program including site testing and inspection, analysis, classification and reporting.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Strong academic qualifications, ideally a civil engineering (or equivalent) preferably with MEng or MA qualifications although not essential.
- Chartered engineer status is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of working within a design consultancy on multiple concurrent commissions, and representing the company to clients
- Design risk management, construction programming, tendering process and quality assurance management
- Experience of methods, tools and techniques for the design and assessment of tunnel designs supporting assessment to a range of project demands.
- Practical experience in the construction of shafts and sprayed concrete lined tunnels preferably with UK design codes.
- Ideally detailed experience in structural design and understanding of basic soil or rock mechanics
- Skills in structural engineering, geotechnics, and railway and metro engineering will all be highly valued and utilised.
- Ideally experience with both geotechnical and structural analysis programmes including CRISP, FLAC, Staad Pro.
- Good communication, team working and problem solving skills are essential.
- They should also have the necessary drive to achieve their goals and deliver commercial success.
- A personal drive to successfully conclude project specifics.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Peter on 020 7960 2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Published Date: 2012-07-02
Rate Type: Salary
Vacancy Reason: Unspecified